What Are the Signs the Bible Provides about this Middle East War?
Will this Middle East War be Politically, or Religiously Motivated – or both?
For certain there have been many wars in the Middle East lately, some may claim. And that is the point of this message. The Middle East seems to be the focal point of the end time wars that usher in the Antichrist and false prophet and bring about the death of approximately 2/3rds of all life!
Let’s face it, all of the hatred and rage in the middles east seems to be of a supernatural phenomena. The bible clearly explains that supernatural forces such as demonic angels control nations by controlling the
- Middle East War
minds and actions of their leaders. The book of Daniel writes about the “Prince” of Persia – a powerful demonic force. It took both the Arch Angel Gabriel and Michael to subdue this force before they could provide Daniel in Persia with some crucial end time prophecies! Persia is Iran, and the name was changed from Persia to Iran in 1936. Look at all of the unrest and instability in the Middle East due to Iran with its nuclear interests. Not to mention all of the unrest and turbulence that Iran has been involved in since the taking of the U.S. embassy in 1979.
As one reads the book of Esther you can see the hand of God protecting His people, the Jewish people, from total destruction. According to Bible prophecy, once again the Lord will protect the Jews from total destruction by a Persian leader. Persia, or Iran today, is mentioned in Ezekiel 38:5 as one of the nations that will align with other Middle East enemies of Israel and endeavor to destroy the Jewish people in the last days. At that time the Lord will again intervene to protect the Jews and destroy the Middle East and other nations that attack little Israel.
The wicked Persian leader Haman 2500 years ago was set to kill all the Jewish people alive in his day and would have done so had God not used a Jewish queen, Queen Esther, to save her people. The account of this intervention by God to protect his chosen people, the Jewish people, can be found in the Biblical book of Esther. The Israeli Prime Minister recently has compared the present Iranian President to Biblical Haman, as this leader has continually called for the Jews to be wiped off the earth and their name be forgotten forever.
The events unfolding today in the Middle East were all foretold by the ancient Jewish prophet Daniel 2500 years ago. In Daniel 11:40-43, we read about the activities of all three Israeli neighbors: Syria, Jordan, and Egypt for the last days. Syria, referred to as the King of the North in verse 40, will make the first move against Israel. Jordan, mentioned as Ammon, Moab, and Edom in verse 41, will provide protection for the Jewish people, Isaiah 63.
Russia (which many believe is referred to as Gog and Magog in the bible) is a major player today in the Middle East and a strong ally to Iran and Syria. Recently Russia complained about the U.S.-led plans for a NATO missile defense system in Europe, saying it’s aimed against Russian nuclear forces. “The Americans are obsessed with the idea of ensuring absolute invulnerability for themselves, which is utopian and unfeasible from both technological and geopolitical points of view,” the Russian leader stated. “An absolute invulnerability for one means an absolute vulnerability for all the others. It’s impossible to accept such a prospect.” (Vladimir Isachenkov, “Putin Warns West over Syria, Iran, Moscow,” Associated Press, 2/28/12. Thanks to Jonathan Stettin for news items.)
The United States apparent indifference over the serious situation in Syria (the mass murder of civilians) is effectively benefiting Iran, since Syria is Iran’s most important ally in the Middle East. As with the case of Syria – and Hezbollah in Lebanon – on the issue of sanctions, the United States behavior and lack of any type of resistance has served to help rather than hinder Iran’s pursuit of its nuclear ambitions.
The US intervened in Egypt’s internal politics to empower the Muslim Brotherhood and overthrow Hosni Mubarak. The transformation of Israel’s border with Egypt from a peaceful border to a hostile one is the direct consequence of the US-supported overthrow of Mubarak and the US-supported rise of the Muslim Brotherhood. These are indisputable facts, with repercussions that are enormous and entirely negative.
The Middle East Battle of Gog and Magog is a war that is just over our horizon, but has been scheduled on God’s prophetic calendar now for over 2500 years. In this war, the Russians (Gog, Magog), Ethiopians, Iranians, Turks, Libyans, and descendants of the Cushite peoples, will all come against Israel. Read in Ezekiel 38:1-23 (The entire chapter).
Why would these nations invade Israel in this end time middle east war?
Israel is becoming the main source of reliable energy (natural gas) to the European and Mediterranean region. Israel also destroyed Damascus in a recent battle and temporarily disabled Iran’s Nuclear production and facilities with a hugely successful cyber attack. The other obvious motives for an attack from its Middle East neighbors may include the persistent and malignant hatred towards Israel, Israel’s “occupation” of the Holy Land, Israel’s military and economic prowess in the middle east, and whatever other excuses their enemies may want to hash up.
Once the Holy Spirit is removed, the Middle East and all nations for that matter will not be restrained by any moral or ethical codes, and taking out Israel once and for all will seem like the most logical strategic move for them. That is because they assume that God is just going to sit back and let that happen.
Russia, contrary to what the United States government may want us to believe is not our friend! This is why they veto pretty much all of our proposed sanctions against the Syrians, and Iranians. They are probably watching with much glee as the US finds itself embroiled in the same mess that they found themselves in back in the 1980’s when they also invaded Afghanistan. They continually put themselves at odds against our interests worldwide. Furthermore, Russia and China have both stated that they are completely opposed to military action by the United States against Iran and Syria, and they have even hinted that they would possibly even help defend those countries.
Below are several signs that leads many prophecy scholars to believe that we are ominously close to a Major War In The Middle East:
– The EU has announced that all imports of crude oil from Iran will be banned starting in July.
– The U.S. embassy in Syria has been shut down and the United States has once again called for Syrian President Bashar Assad to resign. The U.S. has also removed all diplomats from Syria.
– Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak says that Iran is moving their uranium enrichment facilities into recently constructed underground bunkers and that the point of no return is rapidly approaching.
– The Washington Post is reporting that U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta believes that Israel will strike Iran at some point during the months of April, May or June.
– According to sources, thousands of U.S. troops have been heading to strategic islands within reach of Iran.
– According to one estimate, there are currently there are more than 20,000 missiles aimed at the nation of Israel.
– Some Israeli officials claim that Iran is trying to develop a long-range missile capable of reaching the United States.
– In Syria, the city of Homs is one giant war zone at this point. The following comes from a recent article in the Telegraph…. “We can’t count all the bodies from the streets and the collapsed buildings. Anyone who tries to go on the street might be killed – there are snipers,” said Abu Abdu al-Homsi, spokesman for the Syrian Revolutionary Council, an opposition group, in Homs. “An old woman – her son was shot and killed in the street, she went to get his body and was shot dead too.”
– The Russians appear to be very serious about supporting the Assad regime in Syria. According to Debka, “the Russians backed their hard line against the West by putting Rapid Reaction Force (aka Spetsnaz) units in Black Sea bases on the ready to set out for Syria and defend Damascus.”
– It is being reported that a Hezbollah official has indicated that Hezbollah will attack Israel if Syria is attacked.
– There are even signs that Saudi Arabia is busy preparing for a coming war. The following comes from a recent Debka article….Large forces are now deployed around Saudi oil fields, pipelines and export facilities in the eastern provinces opposite the Persian Gulf, backed by anti-missile Patriot PAC-3 batteries. American, British and French fighter-bombers have been landing at Saudi air bases to safeguard the capital, Riyadh.
Folks, we are witnessing unprecedented unrest in the Middle East. Ever expanding conflicts in the Middle East that will inevitably lead to a major war in the Middle East. This time nobody in the Middle East seems to be backing down. They feel they have the upper hand as the U.S. has its hands full in Afghanistan and its attempt to postpone any major decisions until after the November elections. When the next major war does erupt in the Middle East, it is going to change the world as we know it! There may be so much chaos due to soaring gas prices, and related repercussions from the coming Middle East war that we need to pray that such a war can be delayed.
There is no doubt that the war will happen, since it is prophesied in the bible, but let us pray that God in his mercy, will delay it.
May God Bless You!
Check out our free 22 part course on “Decoding the Book of Revelation, Chapter by Chapter“